I’ve got a fall themed card for you today featuring the super cute and versatile Hello Fall stamp set by Waffle Flower. This card uses lots of techniques including masking, heat embossing, ink blending and some simple copic colouring. There’s also a video showing how I created the card.
We are joined this week by the fabulous Izzy from Izzy Scrap as our Guest Designer. She’s created a wonderful card to inspire you!
For my card I started off with a panel of Neenah Solar White 85lb cardstock cut to 4.25″ x 5.5″, which I masked off an area using 3M post it tape. I then ink blended Distress Ink starting from the bottom using Seedless Preserves, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade and Fossilised Amber. I then flicked on some water and lifted it off with a paper towel. I then applied my powder tool and stamped leaves from the Waffle Flower set all over the blended area using Versamark ink. I removed the 3M tape and applied Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold embossing powder. I used an old, dry paintbrush to remove any stray powder and then heat set.
I adhered the panel to a Simon Says Stamp Orange Peel cardbase with double sided tape. I then stamped out all of the images in copic friendly black ink and coloured them in with my copics. I stamped some of the leaves in the Distress Ink I’d used for ink blending. (Supplies are listed below). I cut all of them out using my Scan n Cut2.
I adhered the images down using foam tape and liquid adhesive to create dimension. The sentiment is from the Newton’s Nook Beautiful Leaves stamp set, stamped in Versafine Onyx Black. To finish, I adhered some chocolate brown and gold sequins, and that’s it!! Please go check out the video over on my You Tube channel to see in more detail how I created this card:
Good luck all with the challenge, we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
S U P P L I E S
• Waffle Flower Hello Fall stamp
• Newton’s Nook Beautiful Leaves stamp
• Hero Arts Infinity Rectangles die
• Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold embossing powder
• Little Things by Lucy Chocolate Fondue sequins (discontinued), try these:
• Simon Says Stamp Orange Peel yardstick
• Ranger Multi Medium Matte adhesive
• Versamark Ink
• Versafine Onyx Black Ink
• Mini Ink Blending Tool
• Double sided adhesive Tape:
• Distress Ink: Fossilised Amber
• Distress Ink: Fired Brick
• Distress Ink: Spiced Marmalade
• Distress Ink: Seedless Preserves
• Copics: W1, W3, R20, E37, YR27, YR68, E47, YG17, YG23
• Neenah Solar White 85lb yardstick
• Tonic Guillotine Trimmer
• Martha Stewart Scoreboard
• Teflon Bone Folder
Image to pin: