Jenny in midweek card-making post shocker!! LOL. Today I’m a) making a more concerted effort to get in some crafting time now that the repairs are finished to the house and I have my craft room back b) try to challenge myself to try other card styles to my usual.
So today I’ve entered The Challenge #57 which is a photo inspiration – which was begging for me to try shabby chic!
I raided my stash for this card!
- Create a top folding card base from 110lb cardstock (4.25″ x 11″ scored at 5.5″)
- Cut patterned paper (I chose some basic distressed looking paper from my stash) to 4.25″ x 5.5″ and distress edges.
- Stamp text in Distress Vintage Photo ink down right side of card using script stamp (mine is by Hero Arts).
- Rub edges with Vintage Photo using distress blender,
- Wrap lace around left hand side and secure at back with tape.
- Back onto 85lb cardstock of same size using strong adhesive (I used 2″ Be Creative double sided tape).
- Attach to cardbase with glue runner.
- Flick a few drops of Lindy’s Stamp Gang Bodacious Blush Starburst Spray (a lovely browish pink shimmer).
- Glue paper and fabric flowers with hot glue – mine are by Prima. I also attached a vellum die cut (I used Simon Says Stamp’s Delicate Dahlia) and tied a twine bow.
- Finish with a sparkly brad (mine is by Prima) and a sentiment sticker from the Sweet Stamp Shop popped up on foam tape.