Gorgeous morning outside today and Autumn is finally here. The leaves have started to turn and there’s a mild chill in the air – hurray!! Unfortunately no one told my 39 weeks pregnant swollen feet but there you have it.
During the what seems like interminable wait for Baby Girl Colacicco to appear, I have been busying myself crafting and cleaning (ahh, nesting everyone says knowingly…). Today I have a simple but fun card for the CAS-ology Challenge 167: Silly.
The card was created using the hilariously awesome Altenew Raise the Steaks stamp set which I originally bought purely to make every single card I ever give my husband from thereon in (he loves puns).
- Stamp all of the layers of the meat stamp from Raise the Steaks using Memento Rich Cocoa, Papertrey Ink Scarlet Jewel and outline in Memento Tuxedo Black on Neenah Solar White 80lb.
- Fussy cut out and edge with Memento Tuxedo Black marker.
- Die cut patterned paper from Recollections Craft-It Vintage Glam: Natural Basic 6 x 6 paper (from Michaels) using Simon Says Stamp largest Stitched Rectangles die.
- Cut and score card base 4.25″ x 11″ scored/folded at 5.5″ using Neenah Desert Storm 80lb.
- Prep patterned paper with EK Success powder tool and stamp sentiment in Versamark ink. Sprinkle with Ranger Superfine gold embossing powder and heat set.
- Stamp label from set on Neenah Solar White using Memento Tuxedo Black, and ‘Well Done’ in Versamark. Edge with Memento marker. Emboss and heat set as before then fussy cut.
- Pop up meat and label using foam squares (I also glued down the tip of the label to the meat with a glue pen).
As an extra silly finishing touch, I added the handmade sentiment from The Ton to the back of the card, with underpants to match 😀
This was such a fun card to make, I couldn’t resist the challenge!!
Join me tomorrow for the next AAA Card Challenge!!
Disclaimer: For the supplies I used (where still available) please see links below. Note some of these are affiliate links (SSS) for which I receive a small commission on any purchases made via my link.